- ETiC News
2016.04ETiC 7 is now available. See our latest issue!
To receive digital copies of new editions of ETiC automatically via email, please subscribe by sending a blank email to ETiCsubscriptionemail@example.com. Please remember to add ETiCsubscription@yahoogroups.com to your address list to stop messages going into your junk mail folder. To unsubscribe, send a blank email to:ETiCsubscriptionfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to English Teaching in China, a bi-annual journal for English language teaching professionals in China. ETiC aims to be both scholarly and practical, including a mixture of articles focused on action research and practical teaching, along with a few reviews and recommendations. The journal is produced by tutors from the Language Centre of Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University in Suzhou, China, and contributions are open to anyone writing on topics related to teaching English in China.
If you are interested in submitting an article for consideration, please review the contribution criteria and other information in the Submission Guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Possible topics for inclusion:
- Chinese High School/University tests (e.g. College English Tests, National Annual tests)
- Placement Tests
- Assessment theories (incl. issues of test design)
- Use of technology in assessments
- International English Proficiency Tests (IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, etc.)
- Rating criteria (CEFR and others)
- Different types of test (e.g. integrated/discrete point; skills based/language based)
- Results analysis and interpretation (reliability & validity of tests)
- Alternative assessment (e.g. portfolio tasks/continuous assessment)
- Formative assessment (incl. feedback / peer editing / self-assessment)
We also welcome submissions on other topics related to English Teaching in China. Contributions can be written in any variety of English which is intelligible to our readers, e.g. China English, Indian English, British English.
Please email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Author guidelines and past issues are available on our web site, etic.xjtlu.edu.cn. Please try to follow the guidelines as closely as possible.